Friday, April 27, 2012

Reader's Theatre



How can we make reading fun? Last week we read a story called “Piggie Pie” and as a class we were each assigned a role that we had to act out. It was interesting to learn about the benefits that can come from having students participate in activities like these. My classmates and I had so much fun recreating the characters and playing the part. This week we got to bring in props and act the story in front of another class and our teachers. I was little nervous, but we had a lot of fun. Some of my classmates went all out trying to recreate their characters, which made their characters more real. In the end, I think that I learned a few tricks as to making reading interesting and fun for my students. Some of the things that I learned were:  we need to choose appropriate reading materials that could be appropriate for all are students, try to match the characters to the personality of the student, model good reading, have props to make the reading more fun, and allow the students to have some freedom and fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment