Friday, April 27, 2012

Learning Centers


                     As future teachers, we are always wondering about the things that can we do to teach an effective lesson. How do we teach a topic in way that it can be fun and that students will actually learn? Recently we’ve been working on creating centers for students to practice certain skills that we are teaching. We got the chance to focus on a topic and create a learning center that we would use with younger children. My classmates and I had to work in groups of four, create a learning center, and recreate that center for our other classmates to complete. We ended up having a really good time creating our centers and sharing them with our classmates. We ended up having centers where we got to dress up as community workers, such as firefighters, nurses, doctors, policemen, cooks, and many more. Other centers included taking trips around the world by looking at actual foreign currency, drawing pictures of homes and community workers, and practice using money by pretending to buy items with play money.  In the end I felt that I learned a lot about making learning fun and I got many good ideas of how I can implement fun activities in my own classroom someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment